How to Change the Name of Your Apple Watch: Quick and Easy
To change the name of your Apple Watch, select the Watch App on your paired iPhone > My Watch > About > Name > enter your new name.
Sometimes, it may be necessary to change the name on an Apple Watch.
This can be done for various reasons such as transfer of ownership, or simply for a better experience.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of how to rename your Apple Watch, allowing you to customize your device to better suit your needs and preferences.
Reasons You May Want to Change the Name
There are several reasons you might want to swap the name of your watch:
- To make it easier to identify when connecting to other devices.
- To reflect your personality or interests.
- To differentiate between multiple Apple Watches in your household.
- If you recently got a used Apple Watch and need to transfer ownership.
How to Change The Name of Your Apple Watch
To change the name on your watch, you’ll need to use the Watch App on your paired iPhone.
Follow these simple steps:
- Select the Watch App on your iPhone.
- Select “My Watch“.
- Scroll down and select “General“.
- In the General settings menu, select “About“.
- Select “Name“.
- Enter the new name you’d like to use and then tap “Done” on the keyboard to save your changes.
Changing the name of your Apple Watch is just one way to personalize your device. Here are some other customization options you might consider:
- Change your watch face and customize its complications to display the information you find most useful.
- Adjust your notification settings to receive alerts from specific apps or contacts.
- Create custom shortcuts for Siri on your Apple Watch to make tasks more convenient.
- Organize your apps by rearranging their layout on the Home screen.
If you’re still having issue with your Apple Watch name not changing, consider reaching out to Apple Support.
WHOOP, a leader in the data-driven wearable technology sector, quietly filed an innovative patent a couple years ago, successfully avoiding any significant media attention. The patent, titled Pressure Sensitive Strap for Wearable Electronics, introduces a cutting-edge...
I tested the WHOOP 4.0 vs Apple Watch Ultra 2 battery in real-world conditions – and one lasted way longer
Battery life is major factor in play when deciding which fitness tracker a consumer should go with. So how do two of the leading brands, WHOOP and Apple Watch, fare in this department? I tested the Ultra 2 and WHOOP 4.0 battery life in a head-to-head battle over the...
Some people find themselves drawn to both WHOOP, for its recovery insights, and Apple Watch, known for its intuitive tech features and connectivity capabilities. As they each offer unique functionalities, is it worth wearing both of them? In this article, we'll...
Ken is a Data Analyst in the Healthcare industry and the owner and sole contributor to The Wearable Guy.