How to Update WHOOP Firmware (Step-By-Step 2023)
With the continuous updates that WHOOP releases, it’s important to keep your device up-to-date for the best experience.
In this article, I’ll walk you through how to update WHOOP, to keep you up to speed on the latest security updates and features.
Let’s get right to it.
How to Update WHOOP Firmware
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the WHOOP mobile app on your smartphone.
- Select “More” on the bottom right.
- Tap “Device Settings“.
- Tap “Advanced“.
- Select “Firmware Check“.
- If there is an update available, select “Update Now“, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Why Is My WHOOP Not Updating?
Check Internet Connection
Reboot WHOOP Strap
- Open the WHOOP app.
- On the bottom pane, select “More”.
- Choose “Device Settings“.
- Tap “Advanced“. It is in small letters beneath the name of your WHOOP.
- Scroll down and select “Reboot Device“.
- A screen will pop up asking you to confirm. Select “Reboot“.
Can You Update WHOOP Without the App?
Since a WHOOP doesn’t have a screen, the app acts as an interface between the device and the servers that push out updates.
WHOOP, a leader in the data-driven wearable technology sector, quietly filed an innovative patent a couple years ago, successfully avoiding any significant media attention. The patent, titled Pressure Sensitive Strap for Wearable Electronics, introduces a cutting-edge...
I tested the WHOOP 4.0 vs Apple Watch Ultra 2 battery in real-world conditions – and one lasted way longer
Battery life is major factor in play when deciding which fitness tracker a consumer should go with. So how do two of the leading brands, WHOOP and Apple Watch, fare in this department? I tested the Ultra 2 and WHOOP 4.0 battery life in a head-to-head battle over the...
Some people find themselves drawn to both WHOOP, for its recovery insights, and Apple Watch, known for its intuitive tech features and connectivity capabilities. As they each offer unique functionalities, is it worth wearing both of them? In this article, we'll...